Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009 (Just Another Day at the Beach)




Chris and I had Christmas Eve Day off from work. Holiday shopping was all done, so we decided to head to Rhode Island for lunch.



We ended up at the Lucky House Chinese Restaurant on Rt 3 in Ashaway, RI. We got a table in front of the fireplace and had a leisurely lunch.

Chris ordered the hot and sour soup, and I had the wonton soup!

I had the lunch combo of pork fried rice, chicken fingers, and beef teriayki.

Chris ordered the char shel din.



The food was very good. Our bill came to under $25. With lunch under our belts...we decided to find out if there was any snow at Misquamicut Beach in Westerly, R.I.





Those are real snow drifts at the beach! Quite a sight to see.

















There must be some sea glass up that way!









Anyone up for a quick dip?


Maybe it is better if I just stand here!



It really was neat to see the snow on the beach! I kept picturing how busy this place gets in the summer months and today...we were the only ones there!




It was just as beautiful in the other direction.


The tide was beginning to come in, so it was time to leave!

Found some Misquamicut sea glass to add to my collection.













Looks like Santa found us!








We enjoyed a nice relaxing Christmas Day with a Honey Baked Ham for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment